Thursday, August 6, 2015

Star Crossed Teaser

“Do you remember when father would set up tents outside in the Imperial Gardens?” Charanel asked. “We would go camping in the safety of the palace.”

“I do remember that,” Bella smiled. “I think it would nice to honor our father and have a camping trip in the gardens,” Bella giggled. “Have you ever gone camping, Edward?”

“More times than I can count,” I laughed. “Part of my Galaxy Fleet training included outdoor engineering and orienteering with just the basics. I enjoyed it a lot since I’d gone camping with my family. Some of my classmates hated it and were spoiled by their replicators and soft beds. Once we are done with all of this, I’d like to take both of you to Earth and we could go camping in the wilderness outside of Galaxy Fleet Headquarters. It’s beautiful and untouched by any technology.”

“Let me contact Maralice and make the arrangements,” Bella said, hailing her envoy. Charanel left and said that he was going change into something more comfortable. I did the same, changing into a pair of grey cargo pants and a tight grey shirt with a navy jacket. Bella limped into our bedroom, grimacing slightly.

“Are you okay, Fíorghrá?” I asked. “How is your leg?”

“It hurts. I haven’t taken any of the pain medication since we returned from Cygnaria Prime, ti’ane,” she murmured. “I’m trying to not take anything. I hate the way the drugs make me feel.”

“Have you spoken with Kunnan? Perhaps he can prescribe something that won’t make you feel as drugged,” I suggested, rushing to her and sitting down on the bed with her in my lap. “And do you really want to go camping now? You need a bed. You need to be comfortable.”

“The camping from your childhood and the camping from mine is very different, Edward,” Bella giggled. “We will have a tent, but we will also have every luxury, including some very comfortable beds. My father was spoiled and he made sure that we enjoyed the outdoors, but with the necessities he needed. Which included a bed and cooled air inside of the tent.”

“That’s not camping,” I scoffed. “That’s having a tent with air conditioning.”

“What’s camping for you, ti’ane?” she asked, her fingers massaging at the nape of my neck.

“Camping is roughing it. Carrying all you need on your back and using your instincts to survive. No electricity, no replicators, no prepared food. Everything you ate, you hunted or gathered yourself. You didn’t eat until you had a fire burning. And no phasers. Use bow and arrows to kill your meal and flint and steel to create your fire,” I grunted.

“Well, we can do that on Earth, Edward. Here? We’ll do my father’s version of camping,” Bella snickered. “And it’s within the Imperial Palace walls. Until the threat of the Remans, the Alphans and the Alliance is gone, we have to remain protected.”

“That’s important, but I will take you and Charanel camping. After all of this, we will hike the Hoh Rainforest in the Olympic National Park. It’s located in an old Earth state of Washington. It’s beautiful, but so very different from Forx,” I smiled.

“I look forward to it, Edward,” Bella beamed, leaning forward to brush her lips with mine. I hugged her to my body, tracing her lips with my tongue. She sighed, opening her mouth to me and allowing me to taste her sweet flavor. We were lost in each other, our kisses becoming frantic. She pulled back, her chest heaving. You are too addictive, Edward. One kiss and all I want is to make love.

I nodded, my fingers tracing down her sizzling spots. “Soon, Fíorghrá. Now, I’ll let you get changed. I want to see if the kitchen can provide us with the makings for s’mores. It’s the one food that I take out camping that I don’t hunt myself.”

“S’mores?” she asked, unfamiliar with the term.

“You’ll see, Bella,” I laughed. “Dress in layers. I don’t know how cold the tent will get.” Bella smiled, getting up from my lap and limping to the closet. “And call Kunnan.”

“I will,” she replied, ducking into her closet. 





The update for Star Crossed chapter seventeen will be coming up in ONE WEEK. August 13th. I may post another teaser on Sunday, but we'll see. If you haven't done so, reread what I've written so you're familiar with where I left off! Yay!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment