Sunday, November 15, 2015

Star Crossed Teaser

Finishing my sonic shower – I won’t miss those – I got dressed in one of my more casual dresses, braiding my hair and letting it fall loosely over my shoulder. I put on my usual circlet and jewelry, including the exquisite ring that Edward presented to me in the early morning hours overlooking Seattle. I wriggled my fingers, smiling happily at seeing it twinkle in the sunlight. No gemstone on Forx or Cygnaria Prime looked this way. I felt like I had a magic, crystal ball on my finger. I shook my head, putting my toiletries away since we needed to leave. I couldn’t spend all day staring at my ring, tempting as it may be.

Leaving the bathroom, I tossed my toiletry bag into my dark blue luggage. Edward was speaking with his father on his computer. From the tone of his voice, he sounded worried. He walked back into the living room. “Are you ready to go, Bella?” he asked, his posture defeated.

“I’m anxious to get back to Forx, but I’m worried about you,” I frowned, cupping his face. Talk to me, ti’ane.

“Once we’re on board the Cygnarus,” Edward said, dipping his head to kiss me. He picked up my bag, slinging it over his shoulder. “Cullen to Priesste.”

“Priesste here,” came the commander aboard the Cygnarus.

“Two to transport,” he replied. “And once we’re on board, break orbit and head for the coordinates I transmitted to you. The Empress and I are going to our quarters.”

“Understood, sir,” Commander Priesste replied. “Energizing.”

We shimmered onto the transporter room aboard the Cygnarus. Maralice was waiting for us, along with J’ran. “What are you two doing here?” Edward asked. “I thought you both decided to stay here, on Earth or aboard the Volvo.”

“You need your envoys. Jasper and the Volvo will be accompanying you to Reman space and he’ll take us back to Earth once we’re done with the negotiations. Admiral Cullen requested that the Volvo act as the Federation representatives,” Maralice smirked. “Now, you two look exhausted. Go get some sleep and we can all meet to discuss strategy on how to get the Alliance to sign the peace treaty.”

“My father contacted you?” Edward questioned.

“He did, Edward,” J’ran nodded. “You’re not alone on this. Now, go sleep. I’ll go onto the bridge, taking command of the Cygnarus while you and Nirabelle rest.”


“Thank you,” Edward breathed. He shook J’ran’s hand and hugged Maralice, much to her surprise. I hugged them both before Edward took me to our quarters. We stumbled inside and fell into bed. The hum of the jump drive lulling us to sleep. I think we were asleep before we reached the edge of the Terran System. 

No comments:

Post a Comment