Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Update...

Star Crossed on FicPad

Star Crossed on TWCS

Star Crossed on Ao3

Star Crossed on FFn

“Emperor, please come this way,” said Lieutenant Hawk. “Your quarters are located on deck seven.”

“You don’t need to go through any extra trouble,” I said, following him to the quarters that were usually assigned to special guests and dignitaries. I was neither. I was a Galaxy Fleet captain whose vessel was heavily damaged and needed extensive repairs.

No, you aren’t. Remember? You took a leave of absence from Galaxy Fleet. You fall under the dignitary category, Cullen. You are the leader of the Cygnarian people while Bella is unavailable. Get. Used. To. It.

The conversation I had with my father, explaining my reasoning behind my decision, was not a pleasant one. He reminded me that I had a duty to my crew, and to the Federation. I strongly repeated to him that while Bella was captured by the Alphans and Remans, I was the Emperor of Forx. I couldn’t fulfill both of my duties. It was a conflict of interest. My actions as a Galaxy Fleet captain and as the emperor were drastically different. I would be much more ‘by-the-book’ as a captain, but I needed to the ability to bend the rules as the emperor.

Anything to get my mate back.

One of those rules that needed to be bent was my personal feelings on murder. I wanted to murder Jakob and the Remans for abducting my mate. I needed to make them pay for their transgressions. I couldn’t very well do that as a Galaxy Fleet captain. I also probably couldn’t do it as the emperor, but I had some more leeway as the latter. Granted, I wanted to maintain my integrity, but I desired the freedom to do what I needed to do to save my mate and my new home.

For Forx was now my home.

No …

Forx wasn’t my home. Bella was. And Bella lived on Forx. Therefore, Forx was my home along with my Bella. And I needed her. Desperately, I needed my mate. I was sick with worry, concerned about what was happening to her at this very moment. I knew she was alive, but in pain. Though, I wasn’t sure if it was my pain or her pain that I was feeling deep within my bones.

A few moments later, Lieutenant Hawk stopped in front of the quarters. I frowned, uncomfortable with my accommodations. My lavish accommodations. “Lieutenant, I don’t need any special considerations.”


“No, sir. Captain Picard said that you are to stay in these quarters since you are on board as the Emperor of Forx,” Hawk replied. “Besides, when the Empress is recovered, we want to ensure her every comfort.”

No comments:

Post a Comment