Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Star Crossed Update

Star Crossed on FicPad

Star Crossed on TWCS

Star Crossed on AO3

Star Crossed on FFn

I was sitting outside of the room that held Norex’s holding cell. The two Imperial Guards were waiting, shifting anxiously at Bella being inside, unattended. Their anxiety didn’t help my own. I shifted on my seat, wanting to run inside to pull Bella back. I was a fool to suggest that she speak with Norex. Rose came inside, sitting next to me and giving me a look. “Your anxiety was felt from all the way in the school. Charanel was squirming from what I was feeling from you, Captain. I pushed it out toward him.”

“Sorry. I just hate that she’s in there with him,” I said, my nose wrinkling. “I know I pushed it, but damn. The guy is a fucking weasel.”

“He is. Everything he says is dripping with lies and derision. His hatred of Bella is deep seated and clouds his every move,” Rose explained. “Even now, he is barely containing his contempt for her.”

“What about Charanel? Does Norex care for him?” I asked, feeling for my brother-in-law. He had grown up with Charel, knowing what it was like to have a loving father. But, when he died, his father figure became Norex and we all knew what a peach he was.

“Oh, he abhors Charanel. The poor kid told me about how Norex would wish death upon Charanel, calling him a waste of skin, air and space. He was too stupid do anything worthy. For some strange reason, Charanel loves him. I think because Norex is related to his father and is the last thing holding his memory of Charel,” Rose said. “Nirabelle is more like their mother, ruling like Charel. Norex is almost the spitting image of Charel, but with a black heart. The guy is truly a fucking monster.”

My insecurities came roaring forward. I wondered if Charanel loved me. I knew that I loved him deeply. He was my mate’s younger brother. He needed my help, my guidance and I was so willing to do it. Charanel was so sweet and lovable. I couldn’t help but adore him. Rose must have recognized my feelings. She placed her hand on my shoulder. “Charanel loves Norex, but he would die for you, just like he would die for Bella. You are his biggest fan, his playmate and protector. The love I feel from him toward you is white, innocent and blinding.” Rose stopped talking, focusing her abilities to the two people in the other room. “Ooooh, he’s so lying. Whatever he said, it’s the farthest thing from the truth.”

“Here,” I said, handing her a tablet that was connected to Bella’s. Rose quickly tapped out a message. I felt Bella inside my mind, making note of Rose. She thanked her, through me and the conversation continued with Norex. “She was showing him the messages we uncovered from all of those missing nobles. He said that he didn’t recognize it.”

“Oh, he recognized it. It scared the shit out of him, too,” she spat. “Norex isn’t the person in charge of this coup. He’s just the public face.”

“Bella’s offering him leniency,” I said, listening to her thoughts.


“She’s lying, too,” Rose snickered, her golden eyes twinkling. 

Charanel

Picture drawn by Charanel

Zegge piece

Captain Will Riker

Gij'uri stadium

Hover Car

Executioner's Axe

No comments:

Post a Comment