Thursday, February 26, 2015

Update

Star Crossed on FicPad

Star Crossed on TWCS

Star Crossed on AO3

Star Crossed on FFn

“You’ll get your opportunity, Jakob,” snarled a male voice. I recognized it, but couldn’t place it. My head was foggy and every centimeter of my body was in pain. “I want to interrogate the empress. See if she’s willing to bargain her life and the life of her worthless human mate.”

“How can you interrogate her when you’re on Forx?” Jakob spat. I moaned, rolling to see if I could recognize the man that Jakob was talking to. Jakob’s form was blocking the computer screen. 
“Interrogations are much more fun when you can inflict harm to the prisoner. Or other things.” Jakob laughed evilly, cracking his knuckles.

“You will not touch her that way, Jakob. You do and you will die a slow, painful death. Oh, wait. You are,” snickered the voice.

“I’m not, you funoch!” Jakob yelled, standing up abruptly. “Vruk has given me medications that have stopped all of my weaknesses. I am infallible. And I will q’tacki that b’tak. I will feel her bleeding funoch around me. Norex promised me and even in death, that promise is not void.” He pressed a button and I heard the screen switch off. Jakob stalked over to me, tightening my restraints around my wrists. I stayed ‘asleep.’ “You will be mine, b’tak. Your uncle promised me this.” He dragged his sharp nail above my sex. He stood up, kicking my back and leaving me in the too-cold room. I heard the door hiss shut.

Blinking my eyes open, I sat up with great difficulty. The restraints around my wrists were too tight, cutting into the skin. I was still in the Galaxy Fleet uniform but the communicator, tricorder and phaser had been removed. Around my ankle, I still wore the knife. I could also feel the transmitter under my skin near my jaw. I was grateful that I had something to protect myself with and a means for the Volvo to find me. Edward, please … find me …

I curled up, trying to keep warm. The room was frigidly cold. I looked around the room. It was dark with green computer screens lighting up the room eerily. I could see a small living area, a bed and computer console. Outside, the stars streaked past. We were at jump speed, traveling far away from my ti’ane. That probably explained the ache in my chest. I had other aches and pains, but I assumed it was due from whatever they injected me with and the physical assault on my body.
I sat against the wall, shivering uncontrollably until the door opened. Gliding into the room, my aunt Liannette carried a tray and a grumpy look on her face. “You’re awake,” she said sourly. “Which is more than I can say for my mate.”

“What Norex did was punishable by death, Liannette,” I replied simply. “And if you ever return to Forx, you will meet with the same fate. Your younger children will be considered outcasts, orphans and considered to be wards of the state. No one will adopt them because of what their parents did and they will not have a future. Was it worth it?”

“When you are dead and we have a new empress, then it will be,” Liannette smirked. “There are a lot of people who are not happy with your appointment as empress, Nirabelle.”
“I’m well aware of who is not happy with my appointment as empress. It’s all of the nobles who left the planet,” I said, arching a brow. “And the man that Jakob was speaking to on his computer. I know his voice, but who is he?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know,” she sneered. “It’s someone close to you, me and to your father. He was not happy when your father contacted the Federation and even more so when the Cygnarians were admitted into the Federation. We don’t need the Federation. We have the Alliance.”

“Who is in this Alliance?” I asked.

“Cygnarians, Alphans and Remans,” she answered. “We’re close to admitting the Talaxians and the Ferengi. Both of those species are not happy with the Federation presence in this quadrant. Their idealistic morals and Prime Directive are trite and stupid.”

“As far as I’m concerned, the Cygnarians are not a part of your Alliance,” I snorted humorlessly. 


Reman War Cruiser

Crown Prince Jakob

Cloud Nebula

Liannette

Vruk

Norelle

Ferengi

Talaxian

U.S.S. Enterprise




Chief Medical Officer Dr. Julian Bashir

No comments:

Post a Comment