Friday, February 13, 2015

Teaser

“Why was Norex so upset about not getting the H’aaruune rite?” Edward asked as he removed his clothing, changing into his usual black uniform. “I know it’s a funeral prayer, but he seemed hysterical at the prospect of not receiving it. My family was raised as Catholics and we believe in heaven if we live a sin-free life, confessing our sins if we do commit. Hell, according to my religion, I’m already going to hell since I’ve gotten divorced and engaged in pre-marital sex. The thought does not scare me. Norex, though, was panicked, terrified!”

“No one knows what happens when we die. The H’aaruune Ne’irite gives us solace that we will be with our loved ones again in the afterlife. Who knows if it’s true, but I knew that Norex’s greatest fear was to be damned for all eternity. He had been on the front one time and saw what it was like. He was convinced that our version of hell was that. Darkness, agony, pain and torment. I feel badly, playing on his fears, but what he did …” I trailed off, my anger washing over me. I shook my head, trying to not focus my thoughts on Norex’s death.

“You have every right to be angry. I’m fucking pissed,” he spat. “He got off too easy with the beheading, but it was the most humane way to end his life, short of giving him a lethal injection of medications.” He enfolded me in his arms. His chest was bare. Inhaling his clean, masculine scent, I ran my fingers through the soft, downy hair on his chest and listened to the steady thrum of his heartbeat. I sighed contentedly, allowing my ti’ane to soothe me. I needed it. It had been a long day and the sun had barely risen. He tightened his hold on me. I hummed in appreciation. Edward tilted my head back, kissing my lips sweetly. “I love you, Bella. I’m here for you, no matter what.”

Ti-ane mahnu te-atée sa-ahari,” I whispered. “I am grateful that we are leaving the planet. Being here is just too tough. How long is the journey to this planetoid?”

“Less than the trip to Lapus,” Edward answered. “Four days at maximum jump speed. The Enterprise is coming with us and for that I’m grateful. They have more fire power than we do. I don’t know if these coordinates are in the middle of a hostile environment or if Norex is sending us directly into trap. I don’t trust him, even in death. I’d rather be armed to the teeth.”



“You will get us there safely, Captain,” I said, kissing his jaw, moving my lips up to his mouth. I was about to kiss him when his communicator chirped on the bed. 

Empress's bedroom

Empress's suite

Edward's sexiness, taunting his Te’atée

Volvo, en route to the Alphan Colony

Edward's quarters


Alphan Colony

No comments:

Post a Comment