Saturday, February 21, 2015

Update ~ Chapter Thirteen

Star Crossed on FicPad

Star Crossed on TWCS

Star Crossed on AO3

Star Crossed on FFn

I blinked as I watched my mate get transported off the surface. One of the Alphans growled angrily, swiping at Lieutenant Riley. His insides fell from the wound and he collapsed onto the ground. A Reman engaged me and I fought, every ounce of my body wanted to go in search of my mate. With a harsh blow to my head, I fell heavily onto a trunk. “Cullen to Volvo! Nine to beam up!” I barked, spitting out blood. “Beam the alien signatures into the brig. Lock on to our comm signals.”

“Energizing,” came the voice of Ensign Kaplan. Just as one of Alphans was about to decapitate me, the tingle of the transporter worked its way through our bodies. We arrived in the transporter room. 
“Sir, what should I do for Lieutenant Riley?”

“Cullen to HalĂ©,” I barked, my heart shattering. “Lieutenant Riley was gravely injured down on the planet’s surface.”

“Transport him to the science lab,” Rose said. I nodded to Ensign Kaplan who beamed Riley off the transporter pad.

Smacking my communicator, I snarled, “Cullen to Bridge. Report!”

“Sir, for less than three seconds, a vessel appeared out of nowhere. Then, it was gone,” said the helmsman on duty, Lieutenant Meade. “There was no gamma radiation. We can’t track it.”

“What kind of vessel?” I sneered. “Alphan or Reman?”

“Reman, sir,” Meade answered.

“Fuck!” I spat, punching the pad for the turbolift. “What the hell is going on? Why are the Remans helping the Alphans? What do they hope to gain? And where the FUCK did they go?”

“Sir, you need to calm down,” Jasper said, wrapping his fingers around my arms.

“I will not fucking calm down. They took Bella,” I said, hyperventilating. “I can only imagine what that animal is doing to her! Norex sent us into a god damned trap! He knew that we’d investigate and he knew that Bella would want to go down to the surface! It was a set up. I want to execute him again, god damn it!”

“Are you done?” Jasper asked dryly.

“NO!” I panted, throwing my hat onto the ground. My heart was empty and I felt so lost. I needed her. “No …”

Jasper stopped the turbolift, asking that Lieutenant Commander Anderson check in with the bridge. He moved so he was in front of me and crossed his arms. “Captain, listen to me,” he said, his voice soft but commanding. “I know that losing Bella is gut-wrenching. You have every right to be fucking pissed off. I don’t blame you in the slightest, sir.” He took my face in his hands, glaring into my eyes. “Use that anger. Edward, I know I give you shit and I suck as a first officer, but you’re best god damned captain in this fleet. You’re even better when you’re focused. Use that anger to focus your attention on getting your mate back. She needs you to be strong.”

He was so close, his lips were centimeters away from me. “Are you going to kiss me, Jasper?” I asked, arching a brow.

“Fuck no! I’ll leave that for Bella,” he snickered.

M'ay'aki



Alphan prisoner (we'll get back to him)

Reman prisoner (again, we'll get back to him)

Reman battle cruiser

Jakob

Nebula

No comments:

Post a Comment